Renovating and Updating the look of your garage will dramatically improve the street appeal of your home and its value. The façade of many older style brick homes are now being transformed with a rendered or painted finish and complimented with an updated or customised garage door. We can advise you and offer the following services:
- change the opening of the garage
- from two single width openings to a double width opening
- from arches to right angle openings
- increase the height and/or width of an existing opening
- enclose a carport
- add a side gate and/or fence panel
- change the type of door
- from an older style tilt or roller door to a modern sectional door
- from a heavy wood door to a modern sectional door
- from a door to a gate
- from a roller door to a roller shutter
- for increased privacy or visibility
- simply change the colour of an existing door
Garage Opening Reconstruction
Double arches are now dated and restrict the drive-through width and height required for late model 4WD and SUV vehicles. We can remove garage pillars, mullions between roller doors, square off and/or remove arches to increase the drive-through width and height.
BEFORE: Original single width arched garage doors
AFTER: A double width garage door. Original brickwork to be rendered.
There are now many free visualisation tools available to assist you in designing and changing the look of your house and garage doors. All you need is a photo of the front of your house! They are relatively simple to use or if you prefer, email us a photo and we would be more than happy to provide you with some ideas.
Here are some popular tools:
Changing the Colour
If your garage door is in good working order, but the colour is faded or dated, changing the colour is a quick and cost effective choice to consider.
- Any colour, multiple finishes, cost effective, 8 coats ensure it can be easily removed in the future. Suitable for sectional doors only. We will need to dismantle your door, take it offsite and reinstall it in 48 hours.
- Heat resistant, water resistant, integrated UV protection, virtually an unlimited range of colours and multiple finishes
- 2 year warranty
- can last 4+ years with minimal care
- very durable and is guaranteed not to bubble over the lifetime of the wrap
Powdercoat – the door will need to be dismantled and taken offsite to an experienced powdercoater. Will take at least 48 hours. The colours are limited e.g. Dulux Duralloy colour range https://duluxpowders.com.au/products/duralloy/
Spray paint – can be done onsite, any colour. We recommend using an experienced spray painter
Wood garage doors – restore faded and peeling solid wood panel and slat doors
- Onsite service. Sand wood back to bare timber and apply 3 coats of UV stable varnish
- Annual maintenance and door service option recommended